Monday, December 15, 2008

9th Tray No-Nos

So I made it to the 9th set of my Invisalign trays! Whoo-hoo!! At tray 7 my lowers were closed in. It was great but is nothing compared to the day when my teeth are perfectly aligned and gap free. I'm SO looking forward to that day. I guess I'd have to admit that I've been a bit of a slacker in the recent months and haven't really followed protocol, but please DON'T..I repeat, DON'T follow in my footsteps. Let's see, some of the wrong things...

1. Taken them out and couldn't remember where in the world I put them. I've lost my braces about three times..thank God I found them and didn't have to go to the doc to reorder new trays. I never understood why people ask,"Well where's the last place you had them?" Hello, if I knew that they wouldn't be lost..duh.

2. After the second month or so, I began utilizing napkins to quickly store the trays rather than the nifty little plastic Invisalign case I was given. What? It's quicker.

3. I eat with the trays in...I know, I can crack the aligners...horrible. Does it make it any better that I only chow down on soft food, not the crunchy stuff?? Didn't think so.

4. Guilty of drinking red, blue, purple, orange, and green punch/Kool-aid, juice, tea, and coffee with my trays in. To my surprise I haven't experienced any discoloration to my aligners.

5. I'm not as OCD with quickly brushing after eating the slightest amount of food and then rushing to put my trays in.

6. Sometimes I forget I'm not wearing them for hours at a time. When I start talking to someone and suddenly feel self-conscious about my gap THEN I realize those babies are M.I.A.

7. Flossing...I get to it mainly with the crunchy foods that are hard to get out of the now s.m.a.l.l. crevices (nuts, popcorn, etc.) It's amazing how food doesn't accumulate when there aren't huge gaps to fill. It's so wonderful I tell ya!!

But all in all, I'd say I'm not doing too bad. I've heard and seen worse cases than my little slip ups. I'm just thrilled that the spaces are becoming a thing of the past. Don't get me wrong, I still take out the trays and brush them AND my teeth after I eat or drink with them in, I'm just not so Speedy Gonzalez about it. I'm enjoying this gap closing up, I don't want decayed teeth!!

I'll end this post with pics comparing my 1st TRAY with my 9TH TRAYS...
The first pics are my teeth without wearing the trays, then with the trays, then just a side view comparison (trays in). Ah, closure!!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. This had me cracking up. I'm getting ready to start my third tray tomorrow and I'm already guilty of a few of these defenses.

Anonymous said...

I just read & watched your blog posts & feel like I've found my long lost twin. :) I had traditional braces when I was in high school & my overbite & gap were resolved... or so I thought. It is now many years later & my gap is larger than I ever remember it being before. At least the overbite hasn't returned! I am so inspired by your blog & had thought about Invisalign as an option but NOW I am investigating it & want to find out if it would work for my situation. Thank you for having your blog & putting your story out there! :) Your gappy friend, Cath :) (I also have a blog on Blogger - search Cath)

Pam Waterman said...

Hi! I'm new to blogging, and had traditional braces last year that came off in May, but I wanted to say, go for it! I'm 53 and I needed to have a gap closed and some tilted teeth straightened out. The results are great (now I'm in retainers.) I've also come up with recipes and tips for sore teeth that I have on a website and in two books. If you don't think it will sound like an ad, let me know and I'll give you the links. Keep smiling!

Anonymous said...

Hi. I was just wondering if you could tell me how wide your front gap was initially, so that maybe i can extrapolate the number of trays i will need. Thanks! (I know its not that straightforward, but just curious)

Anonymous said...

Awesome - lets get an update! :D

Anonymous said...

What happen to the extra tissue in between your gap because i have that and im on my first trays and when i put them back on afte i eat thats the main thing that hurts is that extra tissue. You can write me on my e-mail if you would like its princessp421@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

You should be done now right?

Anonymous said...

please update :)

Trizia said...

Hi, how are you? I've found your blog and I'm so interested in your story with invisalign because I'm going to close my gap too with them. Have you finished the treatment? What about the results??
Tahnks ;)

Anonymous said...

hi. well I have been seen your videos on you tube and it has really made me want invisalign .. but the thing is that last time i saw your video you said that after the treatment was done we had to use retainers? i'm not so crazy about that, but it would mean the world to me if you explain them a little more cuz i don't wanna have the traditional braces, my friends have it and i really don't want them... I'm of to high school and i want my teeth perfect so please if you help thanks a lot. erica

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Veronica M said...

So, were these your last set of trays? How many trays did you use in total?

thanks,
Veronica

Anonymous said...

Hi i know you're finished with your treatment and everything but i am just starting my treatment and would like to ask you some questions. Please feel free to email me @ ggermain107@yahoo.com